KEEP MOTIVATED TO REACH YOUR YEAR-END GOALS8 October 2014 2022-10-04 15:49
KEEP MOTIVATED TO REACH YOUR YEAR-END GOALS
How are you going with your goals? Do you have an incentive tied to your goal or a bonus relying on the completion of your actual results? Are you close to hitting the ‘mark’ or are you finding it hard to get yourself ready to bring the year in with a bang?
As I sit here typing this blog post, there’s 11 weeks left to the end of the year!
That’s ok! 11 weeks to make my goals, 11 weeks to smash in the final results and to get contracts signed, deposits paid, orders in and delivered, 11 weeks is plenty of time… isn’t it?
Without running the risk of making you panic, let’s break down what the 11 weeks really means.
That’s 77 days which really means 55 business days, then take out the final 2 weeks for End of Year holidays and year wind down – that’s now down to 45 days, do you have any annual leave or public holidays? Let’s say there’s a few days here and there, so now we are down to 45 days. Think about the meetings that you have in one week! Would I be correct in saying your time is taken each day with 1 or 2 meetings that last approximately 1 hour each? So lets split that down the middle, and say 1.5 hours a day is taken from meetings, then 1 hour (ha ha) for lunch, 1 hour for miscellaneous items of adhoc meetings, coffee chats etc. That 45 days now has 5 hours a day left to do something about your goals.
I’m sorry if my reality has hit hard, and you’re now starting to feel either sick or panicked. Now let me help you to keep motivated about reaching your year end goals.
- Firstly, get your goals in front of you, and see where you’re sitting right now.
- Next, break down the goals into different topics or groups.
- Then, workout what you need to do to get to the ‘goal’.
- Write yourself a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) Goals and give yourself mini-goals.
- Decide which of these goals can be delegated out to and who you can work with collaboratively to help complete tasks.
- The Mini-Goals will help you to accomplish more, celebrate more and keep you motivated.
- The more motivated you are, the more work you’ll get through and the quicker you’ll make it to you goals. Pretty soon, you’ll see that the daunting task of trying to reach your goals, just got a whole lot easier.
This is just one of my tips to help with Time Management and Work/Life Balance. See what else I offer by clicking here.